Monday, August 25, 2008

The Sounds of Stabbing

I'm glad I'm not city folk. I once had my nose broken in a bar because I tried to stop some guy from choking a woman. His friend sucker punched me.

The only thing I can think of is the police state has taken hold in New York City.

Hey, mind your own business, that's the fascism creed.

What, you wanna get sued -- or worse?

"NYC stabbing victim's cries for help ignored

New York (AP) — New York City investigators wonder why neighbors waited more than a half hour before calling police after hearing the screams for help from a woman who was stabbed to death at a Queens apartment.

Police found Ebony Garcia, 21, lying in a pool of blood at about 2:10 a.m Saturday. She was stabbed about a dozen times and died two hours later at a local hospital.

Witnesses say neighbors ignored the woman's screams for more than 30 minutes before someone called the police. One neighbor said she ignored the cries because she thought the victim had been drinking.

Police want to question Garcia's boyfriend, against whom she had obtained a restraining order.

--more--"