Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kid Sees What I See

Bravo, kiddo, bravo!!!

"Not proud of Globe

AS A 17-year-old who has lived in the Boston area my entire life, if there's one thing that my underfunded public schools have taught me about journalism, it's that the honest paper is the one that informs readers of what they should know, and not just what they want to hear.

With that in mind, I find it somewhat disturbing, if not simply disappointing, that the paper I've grown up with decides to print front page stories about the "Rockefeller" kidnapping and where presidential candidates spend their vacations, while leaving less desired articles of the nine climbers killed on K2 or 145 dead Hindu pilgrims, or even the story of 20 Somali woman and children killed in a Mogadishu bombing, to the bottom of the fold on page 3. For someone attempting to compete with students from prestigious schools like Milton Academy, Phillips Andover, and the likes for the spots at top-tier colleges, perhaps I should base my application essay on how Concord-Carlisle High School's basic call for moral justice and social equality moved me to cancel my Boston Globe subscription and start reading The Washington Post and Economist.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

And you can do better than those sources, kiddo!!!

Here are a couple to start with: Wake the Flock Up

Crimes and Corruption of the New World Order News

DAVID SHOUP
Concord

The writer is class president of the Concord-Carlisle High School Class of 2009.