Friday, June 6, 2008

Proud To Not Have Supported The War - Then Or Now

"Proud To Not Have Supported The War - Then Or Now"

By Joseph Perce

I did not support the war from day one; I do not support the war now. I used to be a Republican - Not anymore. In light of news like this that continues to appear now on the mainstream, those of us who knew this was a mistake all along are happy to say, "We told you so".

Not at all happy about the fact that it has cost tens of thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars, however. On the contrary, saddened and disgusted by it.

I remember distinctly being called an "Idiot fool" by a so-called friend who was swept up on the bandwagon of media bullshit that was drumming support for this war. Well who's the idiot fool now?

I remember having my patriotism questioned by a "friend" who thought we were "liberating the Iraqi" people. In light of the news coming out on a daily basis wherein elements of our government flat-out lied to the American people .. Who's patriotism should be questioned now?

Yes, I am proud.. Proud to have been against this war from Day One. Proud to still be against this war. And yes, still proud to be an American.. Why? Because I know there are many such Americans who did not go along with the bandwagon herd mentality. There are many who stood up and continue to stand up against this war.

It is patriotic to be informed and educated about the state of your country's affairs. Questioning the actions of your leaders does not make you unpatriotic; We are not living in Myanmar.

Take a moment to read this story. This is what those of us who were against the war knew all along. What is most disturbing is that this news is only appearing on the mainstream media now. Were was the mainstream media when we needed them? Complicit in the lies and bullshit - That's where.
"

I would like to add that I was against the attack on Afghanistan as well. Not because I knew about 9/11 Truth, but my non-violent reasoning at the time was "How will more violence help?"

So I am PROUD to have been one of the 7-percenters against the invasion and attack on Afghanistan.

Also see:
Memory Hole: MLK Day Thoughts

As for Iraq, see:
Scott Ritter Warns of Attack on Iran