Monday, June 30, 2008

Powell is the Pick

Well, we knew it wasn't going to be Reed!

"Powell is favorite in online VP poll

Ever wonder what it would be like if the vice presidential sweepstakes was conducted like "Survivor"?

Or like, "American Idol?" Pffffftttt!


Now we know, because of Affinnova, a Massachusetts-based company that used "evolutionary optimization" to trim down a list of 100 possible vice presidents to the strongest candidate for each party.

Participants in the Internet sample, taken from June 12 to 17, were presented with three president-vice president combinations and asked to pick the one that most appealed to them. Over time, those tickets not picked dropped off, and the more commonly selected moved up the list.

There was just one winner: retired general Colin Powell. Powell, who has said countless times that he has no interest in running for office, wound up atop both the Democratic and Republican lists.

Despite LYING to the U.N. and SITTING IN on TORTURE TECHNIQUES?!

Nice going, dumbshit 'murka!!!

So where else is the war criminal going to be?

"Powell to give speech to student-athletes

Former secretary of state Colin L. Powell is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the 2008 US Scholar-Athlete Games tomorrow. The games draw hundreds of high school students from around the world to Rhode Island. The group says Powell will speak about leadership and American patriotism in his speech at the Providence Performing Arts Center (AP)."

Here's what he could start with:

"As a loyal soldier following orders I came here today intending to deliver the Bush administration’s evidence against Saddam Hussein. Now that I am standing here before you, I find myself caught in conflict between following orders and doing the right thing. I should have resolved this conflict before I arrived. I do so now by delivering the speech to you in its written form – here it is – but I refuse to deliver it out of my mouth. I cannot participate in an act of deception against the United Nations Security Council, the international community, and the American people. I have no confidence in the evidence in the speech. Under the Nuremberg Standard established by the United States in the trials of Nazi war criminals, following orders is no excuse. I will not participate in the war crime of naked aggression against another state. I hereby resign as Secretary of State of the United States."

Oh, I'm sorry; TOO LATE for that one, 'eh?