"Islamist militant in custody in Philippines; Accused in attack on ship in 2004" by Carlos H. Conde, International Herald Tribune | September 1, 2008
MANILA - It was not clear how Lavilla managed to leave the country in the first place, though officials said there had obviously been "intelligence lapses" that might have allowed him to slip away.
Uh-huh! They let their asset "go" so they could stage this show -- just when the government needed it most!!
In addition, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, the main Islamic separatist group in the southern Philippines, said yesterday that it might abandon the peace process because of the government's decision not to sign a peace agreement that had been initialed by both sides.
Violence has resumed on the southern island of Mindanao because of the failure by both sides to sign the agreement. More than 300,000 people have been forced from their homes, officials said, and more than 150 rebels, soldiers, and civilians have been killed.
And somehow, this conflict rarely makes the Zionist-controlled War Dailies.
Awww, just Muslims being killed, right?