Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why I Mirror Post

I know the feeling; I read and post the Boston Globe.

"Things That Go Poof

From my iGoogle page, I monitor a number of news feeds.

The headline below, obviously, would catch my eye. The Fed is now backstopping the mutual fund industry and, yet, corporate officials are apparently still hesitant to park money there. My enquiring mind wanted to know more. I clicked on the story. Poof, Wham, Bam, Gone.

I even googled the first sentence. No luck the only link that shows up is the dead link. I hope the reporter survived.

File under Censorship?

Corporate Treasurers Remain Wary Of Money-Market Funds - CNNMoney.com
SAN FRANCISCO -(Dow Jones)- An explicit government guarantee of money-market funds will likely put a floor under the struggling $3.4 trillion market, but corporate cash that fled it won't be tempted back until both stability and yields rise...


-Robert Wenzel.

--MORE--"