Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rachel Corrie: Remembered With Love

Water, water, everywhere.

Fatima, will you come collect some of these tears for me?

"RACHEL CORRIE REMEMBERED WITH LOVE"

"Can you hear me Rachel?

rachel.jpg


It’s your birthday but you did not blow out the candles…
Around your birthday cake we wait but feel helpless..
Did you have to go so young defending that which is right?
Maybe so; despair not, as your name shines, like a star so bright
And your memory will stay alive in everyone’s living heart
Your courage that some ignorant dared call otherwise
It’s your life you gave up with courage and expected no goodbyes
For injustice and tyranny had no place in your eyes.
And the ignorant and tyrants claim they yearn for peace, yet are in disguise
Like sheep in wolves clothing, they are the unwise.

Your name will torment your killers until the end of time
And the day will come when you will drag them to the Divine
And you will ask: My Lord, ask them why they murdered me, and for what crime?
They followed not your commandments nor did they cry
When a child’s life they took and the mothers’ tears never did dry
Lord here they are, those who dare claim to be chosen,
It’s your wrath I do pray with which them you smite
For your mercy they rejected and your power they ridiculed
They thought they were infallible but now, they will taste your might
And in your heaven I pray I join those, who my death, they cried.


Happy birthday Rachel…

Also see: Rachel Corrie; The Girl With a Dream