Sunday, December 9, 2007

Maureen and Mumia

I don't know much about the case.

I am opposed to the death penalty in any case, but from what I do know, the case against Mumia is riddled with flaws and witness discrepancies and the judge is obstinate in his refusal to look into the arguments.

But what caught my eye was this
:

"Widow of slain policeman seeks death penalty for Abu-Jamal" by Reuters December 9, 2007

PHILADELPHIA - Maureen Faulkner, whose husband, Daniel Faulkner, was killed on Dec. 9, 1981, said Abu Jamal's supporters, who include South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the European Parliament, and Amnesty International, have been deceived into believing he deserves a new trial.

Faulkner, citing a quote attributed to Nazi propagandist Josef Goebbels:

"Tell a lie, tell it big enough, tell it often enough, and it becomes truth."

All I could think of was Iraq,
9/11 and the holocaust!