Friday, December 28, 2007

Ron Paul and Us

I find this blogger to be extremely insightful and poignant.

Much better than my rantings of hurt and pain!


"Ron Paul and Me...Deconstructing...Parsing and..."

"Sometimes I don’t know why I bother. Some people must think I’m stupid but I can’t do anything about that. It’s one of the disappointments of doing this sort of thing that people are going to make assumptions on what you say and further assumptions on what you don’t say.

One of the things I try to discipline myself on is to always remember that I don’t know. I try to be clear about what I believe to be true and I try to stay away from hard and fast proclamations when in doubt. Sometimes I’m emphatic about human potential but I’m not an authority on anything. I rely heavily on both inductive and deductive reasoning and I have some skill at these. Mostly I rely on intuition and it has proven near infallible. No one who relies on intuition can be an authority on anything. No one who relies on intuition can actually know anything but they can become highly suspicious in both a positive and a negative sense. They can also become self assured. I am that.

There are a lot of intellectuals running around. No matter what, they know more than you do. That’s okay because I don’t want to know what they know. The worst are the new agers. They’ve got something better than intuition. They’re being informed and led from galaxies beyond. I can’t compete with that. I wouldn’t want to. I will say that I’ve never learned a single thing that was useful from anyone in the new age movement that I didn’t already understand far better from ancient Indian and Chinese sages who said and understood it better.

There are people that comment on this blog and elsewhere who think that everyone who runs for president is a stooge. They think that all rich people are selfish pigs. They think there are a hundred conspiracies afoot when a much smaller number will do. The fact is that there are millions of conspiracies afoot and all of us are involved in conspiracies of our own and some of us in much larger ones like the ‘conspiracy of ignorance’ and the ‘conspiracy of denial’. Anyway, a government couldn’t exist without conspiracies.

I’m not much interested in what happens on this planet except in terms of the suffering caused. I feel for the people who are victimized by others. I’m also aware of the sub-matrix of karma and I have to say that I don’t spend a moment worrying about what’s going to happen today or tomorrow. I would like to ease people’s suffering and one of the ways you can do that is to show them the cause of their suffering. This isn’t the blog where I address that though. This is a temporal blog, mostly.

I think I’ve looked into what Ron Paul intends and represents a little more deeply than the people who have objections to my supporting him. I think I need to take a different approach here and maybe, just maybe… some of you will understand where I’m coming from a little better. I hope so.

I know that no man or woman can become president and expect for their agenda to succeed. It isn’t going to happen. They have to deal with congress and a number of other forces. So I never look at a candidate and assume if that candidate gets elected that that candidate will do what they campaigned on. I sometimes expect that they will ‘try to’ but even that is often not the case. Most of these people are pandering liars and they will do what they are told. What I want is some honesty and fair-play and fewer police-thugs.

What I am looking for is balance. Since I know that the American congress is a sold out pack of whores and since I know that they also do Israel’s bidding before any consideration of the American public, what I want in the White House is an honest man. This I believe Ron Paul to be. I don’t agree with his entire platform. Personally I would do some things differently but… as I said… I don’t know anything.

What Ron Paul wants to do is mostly very good. He will shake things up in the right way. I haven’t a clue if he will be elected or not and it isn’t any of my business. He has a chance and that is a big part of my support. Dennis Kucinich does not have a chance and I’m not going to support a creep like Ralph Nader so who is left? Who is left?

Some people think there’s got to be some bloody revolution and everybody is going to take to the streets. There are people arguing for this event. I am not sanguine about these people actually showing up if it happens. I have taken it to the street and I spent some years on the run or in prison for it. At another point I was framed with something and facing a life sentence and was able to prove my innocence against all odds. I’ve fought with the police and other elements and been injured a time or two.

Taking it to the streets is a last resort. I have suggested not going to work and not buying anything but food for as long as it takes to bring the corporations to their knees. Such strikes would be very effective. That’s my kind of revolution. Don’t support criminal industries. Don’t dance to bad music. Don’t eat shit food. Don’t buy crap and turn your ass to lard in front of a TV. That’s my kind of revolution. The other kind of revolution is a dicey affair. You could wind up with another warlord in office, someone worse. You never know. Read some history. Sometimes revolutions didn’t turn out so well.

I thought long and hard about supporting Dr. Paul. I’ve tried to always be about the truth at this blog and wherever else I can manage it as well (grin). I’m not supporting him because I think he’s going to win. I’m not supporting him because he represents my wishes. I’m not supporting him because I think he will do or can do the things he says. I am supporting him because I believe he is an honest man and because I believe he will try to do the things he wants to do.

I don’t like that fucking war in Iraq. Dr. Paul says he’ll stop that and not start new ones. He’s going to go after those bloodsuckers at the Federal Reserve. Just these two things are enough for me.

I believe he will uncover the 9/11 cover-up if he gets into office. I don’t know this but I hope so. I can’t imagine any of the others doing so. This is a particular concern of mine. I want the truth about 9/11 to come out. Now for the clincher;

…they can’t afford to let Ron Paul into the White House because of this and other things. So I don’t know what’s going to happen about that. You and I know some of what the Bush Crime Family did while they were in office. We don’t know all of it. We do know that some of it is high treason. How can they possibly let him win? That’s the kicker right there, forget everything else.

However, if you think I’m going to sit around with my thumbs up my ass waiting on this people’s revolution that you’ll be marching with in your mind on your sundeck, cocktail in hand and cheering along with rhetoric well out of the line of fire well… no… I’m not going to do that. I’ve never put my thumbs up my ass and I suspect there’s a reason. I’m going to use my talents to support the best energy of the time. Every day I’m going to try to support the good in others and believe in a better world. Only a fool thinks such a world will come in any universal sense but that doesn’t mean you can’t try to make it so. Maybe it will be a little better because you did try. The most important thing is not to make it worse and especially not to make it worse under the guise of making it better.

If you know something about Dr. Paul that I don’t know then please tell me. Got a better candidate with better ideas? Let’s hear about it. I’m just doing the best I know how to do and learning as I go. If I’m wrong about this I’ll change direction in a heartsbeat. But you never get anywhere in any direction unless you set out for somewhere. You never learned a damn thing if you never took a risk. Use your life as something more than a tube that consumes and excretes. Everybody makes mistakes and this may be one of mine. It won’t be the first time.

I’ll be on about other things for the next couple of weeks (I think). I just thought this needed to be said.

The World is a Rumor

posted by Visible"