Friday, January 4, 2008

Q & A With the WhatReallyHappened Guy

"Q and A with Mike Rivero of whatreallyhappened.com"

"Q: WRH is a 14 year legacy for you. What keeps you motivated to keep going despite the expenses and the time consumed? Is Whatreallyhappened expensive for you to maintain?

WRH has cost me and my wife in a lot of ways. For a while, I was blacklisted from Hollywood, and while I am still not back in Hollywood I do have a career back up and running. But for a while there it was really a struggle just to stay afloat. I do not know what my life would have been without WRH and I don't waste time speculating about it. As for what keeps me going, I refuse to suffer a government that lies to me to trick me out of my money and my consent. And I sure do not plan to leave such a government to oppress the next generation. In the movie "Kingdom of Heaven", the character of Baliun has a motto carved into his blacksmith's shop that reads, "What is a man who does not make the world a better place." I have a great deal of resonance with that thought. The highest purpose any of us has is to leave to our children a better world than that which was left to us.

Q: Was there a catalyzing event that made you realize that the "powers that be" were lying to you, or have you always been aware of the reality of politics and media?

I guess I was always aware of it to some extent, but it did not really sink home until the moment I saw the photo of Vincent Foster's hand with the gun that he allegedly shot himself with. That photo was so obviously a staged shot it broke through all assumptions I still have about our government being the "good guys". The harassment and career-wrecking I endured right after that merely hammered the point home.


Q: At what point during or after the 911 attacks did you realize that it was an inside job, or that at least, the "official version" was bogus? Was there one particular part of the story that sealed the deal for you?

I recall watching the second tower fall and concluding that it had to be an inside job right then and there. Oddly enough the mainstream media had been doing a lot of non-stories about Osama the whole month previously, which kind of tipped their hand that something was in the works that was going to be blamed on him.

Q: Looking towards the future, do you think the mainstream media will switch gears once they realize that the "old media" is out of touch with the views of the majority of the American people, or do you believe the media is now functioning primarily as a propaganda tool of its corporate ownership? Will the new media be co-opted by usual suspects or is it possible for the "Bloggers Revolution" to actually take over as the primary, "mainstream" source of information and real journalism?

The old corporate mainstream media is too fossilized to change. Yes, they are building their own websites and in some cases even hiring "cooperative" bloggers, but in the end, it isn't the medium of the internet that defines the new media, but the content. The Internet embodies the diversity of opinion that used to be enforced by law with the mainstream media. But once the mainstream media was allowed to condense to just a few media mega-corporations, that diversity and objectivity was destroyed. The self-proclaimed role of the media as watchdog on government abuse was co-opted and the networks became propaganda ministries. We all saw that when the networks declared that Saddam had 'nookular' bombs when even the poorest bloggers knew that the claim was total fiction.

Q: Do you have any thoughts on what might be in store for us in the upcoming year? Will the economy continue its slow, downward spiral or will we see a sudden crash a la 1929?

I am expecting an outright crash, early in the year to keep it out of the way of the Presidential campaign in the fall. The economy is too interlinked and interdependent. We have only just begun to see the consequences of the direvatives problem. And of course, government debt is totally out of control, while Bush and his minions keep borrowing more and more to pay for failed wars of conquest.

Q: Can the Ron Paul Revolution overcome the obvious bias and Machiavellian manoeuverings of the NWO/ Zionist Military Industrial owned media or will it take more than elections to change the path we are headed towards? I know you don't advocate armed revolution or violence, but at what point does this actually become the only option?
Does Dr. Paul have a shot as a third party candidate, say on a peace ticket with Kucinich, if the Republican Party nomination is stolen by McRudyromson?

By himself, Ron Paul can do nothing. Once he is on his way to the GOP nominations, Americans need to start looking at who in Congress will support a return to the original Republic and who will not. The traditional Republican versus Democrat model no longer works. The real dichotomy is restoring the republic versus creating a new fascist state.

Q: Have you, or would you ever consider running for political office? There are lots of people out there who think you would make an excellent Congressman. :)

I have thought about it, but I doubt I could win. I won't lie to the people. I did inhale. But who knows what the future will bring. Somewhere down the road there is going to be a huge backlash against the Neocons and in such a reactionary election season, yes, I might run for Congress if for no other reason than to see the look of shock on their faces when I walked into the floor of the Congress.

Thanks Mike.

Please donate to this important website www.whatreallyhappened.com here.

Mike Rivero will be heard on Alex Jones Infowars on February 5th 1200 CST and can be heard every second Thursday at 1600 on KKCR-FM.

Rivero is an important voice for truth and freedom and has dedicated 14 years of his life to this cause, and we applaud him for it.

POSTED BY ADAM ZETTLER AT "