Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pelosi to Protesters: "Fuck Off"

'What do you think should be done about the protes...

Copyright 2007 Federal News Service, Inc.

All Rights Reserved

Federal News Service

November 15, 2007 Thursday

PRESS CONFERENCE OR SPEECH

WEEKLY PRESS CONFERENCE WITH SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE REPRESENTATIVE NANCY PELOSI (D-CA);

LOCATION: H-210, THE CAPITOL, WASHINGTON, D.C.

WEEKLY PRESS CONFERENCE WITH SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE REPRESENTATIVE NANCY PELOSI (D-CA) LOCATION: H-210, THE CAPITOL, WASHINGTON, D.C. TIME: 10:56 A.M. EST DATE: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2007

Excerpt

Q For a number of months now, there have been protesters in front of your house in San Francisco calling for the impeachment of President Bush. And you were quoted as saying if they were poor and they were sleeping on my sidewalk, they would be arrested for loitering, but --

SPEAKER PELOSI: That's right.

Q -- because they have "Impeach Bush" across their chest, it's a First Amendment --

SPEAKER PELOSI: That's right.

Q Two things. One, I wonder if you agree with this policy of arresting people --

SPEAKER PELOSI: No, I don't -- my point is, is that -- just as I made. You said it and I don't have to repeat it again.

Q What do you think should be done about the protestors in front of your house?

SPEAKER PELOSI: Well, frankly, I've spoken on that point, and I'm not happy when people come to my house. And if they think that the longer they stay there the better the chances they'll have a meeting with me, I think we've disabused them of that notion."

And we are going to disabuse you right out of office next year, lady!