Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Search for Truth

All roads lead back to September 11, 2001:

Truth, Lies and a Change of Thinking
"Any authentic search for peace must begin with the realization that the problem of truth and untruth is the concern of every man and woman; it is decisive for the peaceful future of our planet."

This is what the Pope Benedict says. And it´s the motto of my web-site.
Truth is important, without a commitment to truthfulness, there never can be a chance for peace.

I´m also more or less convinced, that if people only knew the truth about 9/11 and all the other big lies, then the corrupt governments would fall, for lack of support by the people.

Some disagree with me, they think that most people aren´t interested in the truth. And sometimes, in dark moments, I ask myself, if they are right, and if I´m just biased by my own feelings.

And sure, I see things through the lenses of my own experiences.
I wrote before, that I´m Catholic.

But there was a time, when I went to another church mainly, because they promised a better and more harmonic family life in there, and I was very young and naive. And they also promised a community without drugs, alcohol and promiscuity.
Liberal German Catholicism could no longer offer me that.
And yes, many of the promises were actually kept.

But in spite of those good parts, they were not enough reason for me to stay.
I had to leave, after I had found out, that the founding narrative of that congregation was a bunch of lies;
not honest errors,mistakes or even delusions, I could live with that. Everybody makes mistakes and one person´s delusion is another one´s spiritual experience.

No, these narratives were bold, deliberate lies. And this is, what I can´t live with.
Some atheists tell me, that all Christian faith and all other religions, for that matter, are built on deceptions.

No,I say, they are not.
The events described in their holy scriptures happened a long time ago, and are no longer really verifiable, and those who talked or wrote about those events believed in them with all their hearts. In ancient religions you can also find ancient wisdom, an insight that goes deeper than any historic narrative.

You might call the belief in the presence of the Divine a delusion, but I have seen delusional thinking in a lot of modern ideologies and even in some scientific theories. The difference always lies in your point of view.
I think Divine truth lies beyond human understanding, in a world beyond three or even four dimensional thinking and is most often expressed in metaphors.

But there are quite earthly aspects even in religious groups, where truth can be determined without a doubt and without ambiguity.
Facts are not relative, they can be established, and whoever knows the facts and denies them or twists and omitts part of them, this person is a liar.

Most people have lied in their lives for different reasons. And in modern society, especially in the media, lies are no longer portrayed as unethical.
This is consequence of a certain way of thinking, which makes everything conditional to interests and denies universal ethics.

We all are influenced by this kind of thinking occasionally, but still, deep down in ourselves, we know, that lies are wrong. Lying destroys trust. Too much broken trust destroys a society. Maybe the upper class and their intellectual lackeys can reason these facts away. And they try to push their twisted reasoning down out throats.

But I´ve noticed that their propaganda works less and less, even with very young people. There is a thirst for truth and honesty growing in the population.
Somehow we, the little people, know intuitively, that lying is destructive. And this is, what we teach out children, it´s ancient truth, religious, yes, and very valid.

Some American people, I know, voted for Bush, because they honestly believed, that he was a man of integrity. They were disgusted by a political system where people openly lied.

Of course, to see any kind of integrity in the Bush government is a serious delusion. Those guys are some of the worst liars who have ever walked on the face of the earth.
To realize this will be a very hurtful experience for many people.

When we hear, that some trusted politicians have lied big time, we might try to reason it away.

At first most of us will fall into denial. This denial protects our sense of security.
We might try to reason,that those politiciana have just made an honest mistake, had some wrong information, maybe.

But the seeds of truth will grow and denial will subside.

On September 11, 2001 I reacted like most people in America and Europe, I fell into shock for hours.
Nothing else occupied my mind in these hours, but the thought, that now WW III will start.
It was not logical.
Why should an act of terror start a world war. But those pundits kept repeating, America is under attack, over and over again.
And I could no longer think, for it felt like the war had started.

Maybe it was something in the Bush speech, I don´t remember -
I was in shock - I couldn´t think - stared at the TV - watched those towers implode - over and over again - for hours - all day long - scared - just scared - feeling the bombs would fall soon - the world would end.

The next day, German politicians said: "We are all Americans now."
It took days to get over the shock, not only for me, for others, too.

It took a whole year, until I started to think again. When they started to plan after Afghanistan also an attack on Iraq and when a German magazine printed an article on the PNAC papers, then I first thought maybe they deliberately didn´t stop those attacks.It was like loosing the ground under my feet to even consider this.

But there it was, the doubts were there and my mind started to open up for many other questions as well.
When I look around myself, talk to others, I have found out, that it´s no longer very hard most people at work or other places already have their own doubts, most are glad, to be able to talk about them, feeling they aren´t alone.

The truth about 9/11 will in the end brake the walls of denial. It happened to me, it has happened to others before me and it will happen to even more people every day.

And from the realization that 9/11 was an inside job, over the stubborn denial of all main-line media to connect the dots and print or voice the facts, to the realization for the little people, that they can no longer trust those media pundits, from there, the step to new and more independent thinking is but a small one.

The issue of Palestine, the issue of the Iraq war, the issue of planned wars against Iran or Syria, the false flag operations to instigate civil war in Iraq or Lebanon, all this is interrelated.
When 9/11 is debunked, false flag operations will no longer work, the population of the West will no longer support a crusade against the Muslim world. The pressure on Israel will be stronger.

I´m absolutely convinced that the truth about 9/11 is one of the major keys to fight against the crimes of Imperialism. It is not the only key, other lies need to debunked as well.
But I think it is the easiest key to obtain, because there are millions of people who are already reaching out for it.

Sorry to say, but most of them do not belong to the progressive left.
Why this is so, is subject for another post.

http://www.peacebytruth.com/

Amen, brother!