NOW THAT THE DAMAGE IS DONE, the corporate media is catching on to the scope of the disaster in the Gulf. BP lied about how much oil is spilling, and BP lied about the dispersants. Oh by the way the economy is going into the tank as we speak...
Real-time video of oil leaking from beneath the damaged Deepwater Horizon rig 5,000 miles under the Gulf of Mexico reveals a disaster many times greater than BP has led the American public to believe, Rep. Edward J. Markey, D-Mass., said today....Obama administration officials today sent a letter to BP's CEO saying that the company had "fallen short" in its duty to keep the public and government officials informed about the spill.You got that? Hey, first question for ya... Who decided to let BP lead us anywhere?
Our government officials are complaining that BP lied. They MISLED the American people. So Obama's people sent a letter! That will show those goons at BP. I'm sure their hands will shake as they read it. And our corporate media talking heads are acting all stricken about the true scope of the disaster. Robin at Good Morning America had the about-to-cry face going, and Matt looked really disgusted.
That's our cue to cry and be disgusted now. Just follow Robin and Matt. It was important to wait over a month so that you can really cry and be really disgusted. Because now the mess is of biblical proportions. Of course had the government and Robin and Matt and friends decided to do their jobs a month ago...
- WHY did our government officials just take BP's word for what was going on, all this time?
- WHY did our intrepid news organizations with their amazing budgets take BP's word for what was going on, all this time?
- WHY didn't our government officials ANTICIPATE that BP would shirk it's duty to keep the public and government officials informed?
- WHY didn't our government officials consider it their OWN DUTY to stay informed and keep us informed?
- WHY didn't our intrepid news people with their killer journalistic instincts ANTICIPATE that BP would shirk it's duty to keep the public and government officials informed?
- WHY didn't our exceedingly well-compensated journalists consider it their OWN DUTY to dig for the story and keep us informed?
- WHY did our government allow BP to get away with controlling the information?
- WHY did our corporate news outlets allow BP to get away with controlling the information?
- WHY did our government allow BP to lead the American people around by the nose? We didn't elect BP did we?
- WHY did our corporate news people allow BP to lead them around by the nose?
It's as though they are all on the same team, no? That's because they ARE all on the same team, the team working to destroy the American people. The same people who control BP control the corporate media and the US government. Therefore their actions were coordinated to allow the disaster to become huge enough to "change everything."
And now, now that the damage is assured, the government officials and the corporate media are switching over to play the aggrieved victims. They will pretend to be on the side of the American people. They will pretend that they have no more resources than you or I do, and no more power than you or I do, and no way to do anything different than accept whatever BP said, because they are just like you and I. Regular schmucks. Sadly they were naive and trusting, just like the American people, forever naive and trusting, and they took those BP officials at their word, because after all it would have been uncivil to do anything else. And it turns out that was a terrible mistake. They lied. Can you believe it?
I mean, who could have predicted? Where is Condi when you need her?
Why does anyone follow them, the people on teevee, the politicians and the talking heads? They lead us to ruin. They play the victim so that you can identify with being a victim. They show you how to be a victim: Trust people you should not trust. Don't ask questions. Don't demand access. Don't take yourself seriously. Be pleasant at all times. Don't stand up for yourself. Bend over like a good slave and take it up the backside. And then when it's too late you can have the ready-to-cry face on just like Robin, or the disgusted face like Matt....
Related: We Are Witnessing A Marine Life Mass-Murder
Also see: Oh, and by the way...we're still at war