Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Bigger the Bullhorn

As you can see, there is no advertising here (and the money situation is more dire every day). Sometimes I feel like my bullhorn is a paper cup.

"Money, Honey ...and Face Time in Your Dreams

For those of us still capable of independent thought, there is a question that arises in the mind. It is a perplexing question. Why is it that when people gain some measure of power, through money, influence or by association… why is it that so many of them choose to embrace corruption over principles and reputation? Why would so many potentially good people go bad and not care about the loss of their ideals and good name?


If you’ve got forty five minutes I’d like you to watch this video because I think it’s a simple place to start. I was turned on to this by the good people at Wake up from Your Slumber. They’re a good resource for ‘tell it like it is’ and the article is a good one too. There are some others as well.

If you haven’t read this you probably should do that too. In my sidebar, I have some trusted sites. They are very few in number. I know there are others. It is my decision to link only those sites that ‘collect and disseminate’ real news and to let you find the individuals on your own. It’s just not my nature to have hundreds of blogs and sources listed. I can’t guarantee that all of these people will tell the truth all the time.


The sites I have listed are very discrete in their advertising. They don’t want their message compromised. What am I trying to say here? It mostly comes from this article. I’m hoping I’ve given you enough links now and that I can flesh out the broader approach with my usual form of dialectic.


We know that the neo-con control ‘bots lie. We know that the mass media lies. When the mass media isn’t lying then it isn’t saying anything at all; sins of omission. Nowhere in mass media are you being told that Karl Rove left the country. Early days? Maybe. We know that most of what we see and hear is being manipulated to provoke military and economic action against nations that DO NOT present a credible threat to the one’s planning these holocausts, present and future, and who are also the ones we most need to be protected against.


I get the uneasy feeling that many ‘so-called’ truth sites are compromised as much as the disinfo sites. The disinfo sites have the most money by a wide margin. However, as more and more people are waking up to the fact that they are being fed nothing but lies, various alternative sites… so called truth sites are also raking in large container loads of money and may well be no more than agents of disinfo letting ‘some’ truth thru so the people will not think the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.


It’s hard to know who to trust but that may be the result of our granting wider latitude than we should. Maybe we need to set stricter guidelines in our minds about what comprises self-promotion and selling out. Here’s the thing. The more money you have, the bigger the bullhorn you can buy. The more noise you can make, the more attention you receive and the more money you make. Maybe it’s a matter of class; dignity, honor, principles, manners, fidelity… something… something. When does a person’s capacity to tell the truth and to be effective as a guiding light turn into a Broadway musical staring them playing the good guy while being employed by the bad guy? Think about it.


I’m not going to name names here. That is rough country. Maybe some of these people think they are the good guys but they need to expand to get the message out so that they can buy a bigger bullhorn to exhort a larger crowd …so that one day they can turn the whole thing around and flowers will fall out of the sky instead of bombs and the world will be sane and everybody will have a piece of ground to call their own.

Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast to expand and grow until it turns into the same fascist enterprise tomorrow that it was fighting yesterday.


Nancy Pelosi said she would do one thing and she did another. She’s an incredibly unprincipled whore, no different than Karl Rove. I guess we should expect that. Money comes from somewhere and money is influence and a bigger bullhorn. In the end, what comes out of the bullhorn is whatever the money that bought the bullhorn wants to say. But what about the people who are supposed to be telling us the truth and whose sites are virtual Wal-Mart’s of product? The truth is supposed to improve our lives but it seems only to enrich people who have sacrificed the truth for their own self interest. Are they just misguided? Are they so enamored of their own bullshit that they can’t see what they have become? This I do not know.


I spend all my time working on these things and I have the luxury of being able to do that. Because I am careful about my appetites and don’t really want anything, I can afford to do this. I don’t get a bigger bullhorn though. Like a number of others, I just muddle on the best I can and hope it makes a difference. Where do you draw the line?


You make yourself a better person and you make the world a better place. I believe that. Even with all the armies of darkness laying in ambush in the cemeteries of night, I believe this. Meanwhile so much of the world is on a life support system of ipods and cellphones or locked into some religious machinery that promises them a better life hereafter.


Surely, if you are not a part of the solution then you are a part of the problem. The price of oil is just going up and up and it affects everything else. It affects industry and the manufacture of goods. It affects the transportation of those goods. We are looking at a perfect storm of immense proportion. It is because of Israel’s warmongering against Iran that the price of oil has gone up. You might think it stupid that speculators would bid so much for something that is still widely available. But should the Straits of Hormuz be shut down somebody is going to make a lot of money.


Iran
may be its own kind of maverick nation and you may not like how they do things according to their idea of how things are but they don’t have a history of aggressive action against their neighbors. Israel’s history is filled with non-stop aggression against everyone besides themselves, regardless of whether that aggression takes the form of physical attack, economic attack, propaganda attack or guilt milking. Any time now they are going to go and get the Litani River. That’s the purpose of the news concerning rockets that don’t exist being sent to Lebanon by Iran.


I don’t know what to tell you. You, the people, surely do need to assert yourselves by some form of revolutionary action. You don’t have any choice. Sooner is better than later. I want to tell you that but I don’t have a big enough bullhorn. You can’t hear me. You can’t hear The Palestinians or a lot of other people because they don’t have any bullhorns either. You aren’t reading the real truth sites. You aren’t even reading me right now. You’re driving through Disneyland and Jack the Ripper is in the back seat.


There are no dials on my keyboard to turn up the volume. I’m driving alongside you and I see who’s in the back seat. I’m waving at you and pointing but you can’t hear me. It’s like that scene in The Hitcher.


No matter what anyone else does, you have to find your principles and identify your intentions. After that you have to find your place in the moments of your time and see if you can’t find some healing and harmony while evil destroys itself and everyone who believed in it. There is one thing that none of us can avoid… we all have to live with ourselves. Wherever you are, even if you can’t hear me, I hope you are encouraged to see a little clearer and try a little harder.


Then You Let Go…

"