Friday, July 11, 2008

All Bought and Paid For

The amount of money that is tossed around makes you realize these people are not -- and never were -- about you or me, readers.

Just look at the amounts
:

"Democrats hit money trail; McCain nets $22m in June" by Globe Wire Services | July 11, 2008

WASHINGTON - Senator Hillary Clinton is helping presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama fill the coffers of his presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee, raising more than $4.6 million over two days. But at one fund-raising event, Obama nearly neglected to return the favor.

On the Republican side, Senator John McCain's campaign announced yesterday that he raised $22 million last month.

About 125 Democratic donors gave $33,100 apiece for Obama and the Democratic Party during an event at the Loews Regency Hotel on Wednesday night. Yesterday morning, Clinton and Obama attended a women's breakfast at the New York Hilton that brought in more than $575,000.

Obama, 46, the presumptive Democratic nominee, has held seven fund-raisers this week.

Clinton, who withdrew from the presidential race last month, reported $22.5 million in debts as of May 30, including $10.3 million in personal loans. She has until the Democratic National Convention in Denver to pay herself back, or else her loan will be treated as a contribution to her campaign.

Obama had solo events at the Grand Hyatt New York on Wednesday evening with supporters who raised $50,000, and then one with donors who gave from $1,000 to $4,600.

I can't afford anywhere near that.

And Obama claims he is grass-roots money!

He won't be getting a damn dime from me!

He had been expected to ask supporters at the Hyatt to help Clinton retire her debt, but he concluded his remarks without saying anything about it. Just as reporters began to ask his staff why he didn't mention Clinton's debt, Obama interrupted the applause and said: "Hold on a second guys, I was getting all carried away. I've got one more thing that is important."

I'm sure that didn't help endear you to the Clinton crowd, 'bamer!

"Senator Clinton still has some debt, and I could have had some debt if I hadn't won so I know the drill," Obama said. Helping Clinton "is part of the process of making sure that we are unified moving forward," he said.

--MOST--"

And that is when I tired of the Boston Globe today.

Flip, flip, flip.

I did go through the rest, will post, but I didn't like and I don't like.

Also see:
The Boston Globe Front-Pages Obama's Assassination