Friday, February 29, 2008

Leaping Up to Desert Peace: A Doctor Speaks

I'm all caught up!

Artwork, ladies and gentlemen, artwork.

"A DOCTOR SPEAKS FROM GAZA"

"In the following report you can feel the anger and frustration at the situation. Israel is eliminating an entire section of the Palestinian population as the entire world watches SILENTLY….

Reports have been in the press, on the airwaves, still it is allowed to continue and intensify. At this point it is not only Israel that is guilty of these crimes, it is the entire world! Complicity is guilt!!


DO SOMETHING NOW!


SAY SOMETHING NOW!!


SAVE THE PEOPLE OF GAZA!!!


"Israel intensifies it’s attacks against Gaza" by Dr. Mona El-Farra

My sleep was largely interrupted , last night so was my my daughter’s. The shooting was so heavy against different areas of the city , as well as different parts of the Gaza strip , the jet fighters sound was too loud as well as the helicopters sound.

This morning 28th of February it is disproportional open war , civilians pay the price , 15 people were killed , as an outcome of last night attack , including 3 months old baby !!!!!!!!!(1000 children were killed in the last 5 years alone )

On my way walking to the Red Crescent Society , (I do not have fuel in my car ), it is only 25 minutes , while walking , I can clearly hear successive explosions, from different parts of the city , and the drune on the sky , and also can clearly see the security forces soldiers, outside their headquarters , as it is under threat of bombing by the Israeli military forces , I had to walk very fast , expecting the worse.

Arriving my work to find out that we do not have enough fuel for the ambulance and the other work vehicles. No fuel entered Gaza since 17 days , our storage has been exhausted , oh my god this situation will have its disastrous impact on different health facilities .

Medical workers as always work under great pressure , and while I am trying to arrange for medical shipment entry to Gaza , donated by MECA , I endure living in such dangerous situation , and lack of electricity , we have scarce power 6- 8 hours daily at the moment ,fresh and clean pumped water is big problem for most residents of Gaza.

I feel fed up , exhausted and drained of talking about the same topics again and again , and things get worse and worse , so please understand me when i do not write .

Safety is my big concern at the moment as well as meeting medical facilities medications and medical supplies needs.

Justice and peace is my great goal , please spread the word."