"Bullshit: the perfect academic word for US debt, economic, war policies"
by Carl Herman
“As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” - unsourced and attributed to Andrew CarnegieHere are leading US “leadership” areas of bullshitting the American public:
- Congressional reports disclose that all “reasons” for war with Afghanistan and Iraq were known to be lies as they were told.
- avoiding the obvious answer of ending an Orwellian "debt supply" and replacing it with money. A national debt is simply bullshit.
- a million children a month to die of preventable poverty, even though historically ending poverty reduces population growth rate and the investment is less than 1% of the developed nations' gross national incomes (GNI).
- Orwellian unlawful wars, including using depleted uranium weapons to damn victims with continuous misery and death.
- torture, extrajudicial assassinations (including against American citizens) and indefinite detentions.
- destruction of the US Constitution into a form of government closest to fascism and nowhere near a constitutional republic.
- literally throwing Americans onto the streets rather than take any of a dozen acts to allow them to stay in their homes.
- intentional unemployment, crime, infrastructure decay, fear, anger, depression (both economic and psychological) rather than create money for full employment.
- allowing 45,000 Americans to die every year from lack of health care, even though universal single-payer saves the nation $100-$300 billion every year.
The bullshitters’ last strands of support are dissipating; cognitive dissonance of the American public is embracing the “emperor has no clothes” facts.
The good news is that every step "leadership" takes down their path of deceit and destruction, they become easier to see for what they are.
We will win with critical mass of public recognition of what’s right in front of everyone to see (and smell).
You, citizen, have unique opportunity to contribute your unique, beautiful, and powerful self-expression to building a brighter future if you choose the intellectual integrity and moral courage to do so.
Millions will live or die, billions will have a life worth living or misery, and trillions of dollars of power are directed at our collective choice.